Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"an abundance of high fives"









OH MAN! has God blessed me!!!







Central is amazing, i know ive already said that... but truely... it is.





just alittle background. The first picture is of the group of girls that i have been hanging out with... they are all amazing!

my room mate is STILL amazing!




we like to make fun of people who are constantly on their celluar phones (haha!)


Sonic has become a ritual... just about every sunday or so, agroup of us go and just hang, have fun with the hoppers, and man its great. Get this, the guy in the pic at sonic that has a beard... his name is Cash... ITS AN AWESOME NAME! i just felt like sharing that with you all.


The girl sitting next to him... her name is Sam... we instantly clicked... shes from MN and get this... her last name... is SKORSETH!





first day of choir, they didnt know how to pernounce her name, so she was like ... "SKORSETH, ryhmes with Borseth", and then gave me a giant high five. people thought that was pretty funny.





God has seriously blessed me here. Before i left home i was really praying that God would plant me in a church that i could feel used at, because the ministry i left was a total blessing to me, and i wanted to continue the same type of ministry.

well 2 sundays ago i visited this church called Rocky Fork Fellowship. and it reminded me of Borderlands when it first started. so i was very interested to revisit the church. Well that same first sunday, the music minister was talking to a bunch of visiting students from Central, and i decided to go check out what they were talking about. when i worked my way up to the group he saw a new observer was there... he turned to me and said, do you play any insturments? of course i told him no, but i sung, and he invited me to come to their worship practice on thurs night and see how i liked it. so i took that leap of faith, and he approached me at the end of practice and asked if i would be willing to sing THE FOLLOWING SUNDAY!!! I was shocked.

God is still showing me that he knows the desires of our hearts.

about the youth ministry... i had asked them about it, and at the time they didnt have one going. (sadly) but they told me that the newly hired youth pastor would be coming in a couple of weeks.
the sunday i sung, i was just talking to a friendly man, and he told me he forgot to introduce himself to me... It was the new youth pastor! I had previously told him about my life and involvement at home, and he asked me if i would be interested being involved in the youth ministry at Rocky Fork, so of course, i said i would love to. Well later on i had to give him my information, and he told me he was excited to be working with me since i had a little background work in the area.

again, God knows and listens to the desires of our hearts!!!

every weekend i have been here, we have gone into columbia, and everytime, it has been great!

whether it has been witnessing to homeless on the streets, to standing outside a pizza place and learning new dances, to going to the vinitge stores and trying on funky clothing, it all has been a blast. last sat we went to the Artisan (and awesome coffee shop) and studied until a guy came and played his guitar and sung on the stage.

i love the college life.

i know a few of you have mentioned it to me before i left for school... about meeting a guy, HAHA! i know youre probably wondering... but no there has been no interests here.

and probably wont be. im open to it, but im having so much fun with the place im in, i dont care right now.

My favorite class is Christian Discipleship taught by our missions ministry director.
he is stinkin awesome. there are many reasons why this is the class i love, not only that we dont have tests or a final, but because the Teacher isnt speaking to us, he speaks with us, sometimes he asks what the think about things, and just listens to our response, and sometimes we watch a rob bell video, and then get in small groups and answer questions.
its a great class, and i wish that we had it every semester, i dont want it to end.

the reason why i havent writen in a while is cause im so extreamly busy with homework, and reading, and studying. i should be doing it right now, but ive been thinking about brandon, and how i wanted to update you guys.

i have my street adress now, so ill give it to brandon, and seriously i would love to get letters, drawings, colorings, packages, anything you guys would wanna send me! (wink, hint hint) haha.

ill send something back to ya if you do! (haha what an incentive).

a couple of things you could be praying about.

  • we as students here a Central need to remember that there is a world out there, and that we cant stay in our own little bubble all the time. i was showed this the other day when i was at the dollar store with Lori (my roomie) and a lady just randomly started talking to us. it came up that her cancer had come back, and she was only given a few months to live, so if you ever think of her, her name is Linda, and there isnt a day that goes by i dont think of her.
  • another thing is for focusing. its so hard being in a new place, wanting to get to know people, and having so much to do with so little hours to do it. so focusing on homework and reading. (blah)
  • also, im applying for jobs, so keep that in mind.
  • also, that my friends in Rockford who i felt like i was being a minister to ive talked to about 3 of them already, and its awesome! one of them (i hadnt seen her all summer) has totally had her eyes open to God, and its not because of me, but because of what we have talked about, and what has been going on in her life lately. (she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding this summer!) :) so just that i can keep in touch with them.
  • man the list just goes on!!!

again... I LOVE YOU ALL!!! please keep in touch!!!

muah!!!